The principle of a hydrogen PEM fuel cell is to use a proton exchange membrane to generate electricity through an electrochemical reaction between hydrogen and oxygen. In this principle, hydrogen is collected as a source of the fuel cell. The advantage of the hydrogen PEM fuel cell technology is the high efficiency of electricity generation. Moreover, the only byproducts from the fuel cell are heat and water which would not pose any threat to the environment. It meets today's environmental requirements.
The PEM Fuel Cell Hybrid Training System (GFC-3100) provides a modularized teaching platform with a safe and secure experiment environment, in which a user can easily connect a fuel cell with a high-pressure hydrogen cylinder through a rapid joint. The major topics of GFC-3100 exploration include the performance optimization, the energy conversion efficiency of a hydrogen PEM fuel cell, as well as the integration and applications of hydrogen PEM fuel cell technology.
Integrating GFC-3100 PEM Fuel Cell Hybrid Training System and GES-500 Wind and Solar Hybrid System (optional), mixed application of the green energy power generating system can be made, thereby resolving the problem of discontinuous power caused by insufficient wind and solar power. It makes the power generating network more complete and perfect.
1. GFC-3100 Module Introduction and Software Installation
2. The Operating Principle of Fuel Cell Stack
3. Hydrogen Storage - Theory and Operation
4. Activation Experiment
5. I-V curve
6. Fuel Cell Efficiency Calculation
7. Power Densities of Single Cell and Stack Discussion
8. DC-to-DC Converter
9. Inverter Efficiency
10. Fuel Cell and Solar Power System (With optional GES-500A)
11. Fuel Cells and Wind Power System (With optional GES-500B)
12. Fuel Cells, Wind Power and Solar Power Systems (With optional GES-500)
1. An open system architecture & a flexible panel designed for easy replacement of parts
2. A specific fuel-cell database provided for learning and R&D application
3. Data can be displayed and stored in the software
4. Real-time operation status of the system can be observed using a digital meter
5. Safety plugs are equipped with all the input and output terminals for the purpose of easy and safe connection during experiments.
6. Polarity reversal protection is provided to prevent damage from reverse polarity of the supply voltage.
7. An effective and efficient solutions are provided for the fundamental learning of hydrogen PEM fuel cells, the method for storing hydrogen, and related safety norms.